*EDIT* Whoa, not only is it my 21st week of Thankful, it is ALSO my 121st post. Crazy!
So I lift my glass to yours to first birthdays, 50 weeks = 500 thankful things, as always, a cake.
- I am THANKFUL for the long holiday weekend, which resulted in my week not having a bad case of the Mondays.
- I am THANKFUL I got to see some of my friends at a BBQ on Monday, which resulted in good food and good company.
- I found out on Wednesday that by August I will be moving into a shared office space with a coworker. While two of us will be sharing a space together, this will be the first time I will be out of a cubicle, and have the ability to shut a door if I need to. As an introvert, I am THANKFUL to finally have a small bit of privacy. Besides, the coworker I will be rooming with is someone I get a long great with.
- Wednesday night I had dinner with a former roommate who moved out last summer. Why it took us a year to meet up is beyond me, but I certainly have missed her. We both promised that we won’t wait so long to get together again. I am THANKFUL I got to reconnect with her.
- On Thursday, I took a sick day off work. While I wasn’t feeling the best, I was able to spend the day with my hunny bunny, so that makes up for it. Once feeling a bit better, we took full advantage of my beautiful (albeit hot) day of hooky. We drove around to some garage sales, went out for lunch, and then headed to Grandma’s.
- Friday night I went out to dinner with another friend to a favorite sushi restaurant. It was fun to catch up with her over sushi happy hour. THANKFULLY, I had stopped at my place to drop off rent right beforehand and found a coupon. So not only was the sushi on happy hour, but we also saved money with a coupon!
- I was woken up on Saturday morning at 2:30 a.m. when a voice mail dinged on my phone. Thankfully, Jak acknowledged it was late to get a phone call and listened to my voice mail while I was waking up from a deep slumber. The voice mail was from a police officer telling me my car was in the middle of the intersection right in front of Jak’s apartment. The only reason the cops were able to get a hold of me was because last summer I was a witness to a theft at my work, so my name and cell phone number was in their system. So I am THANKFUL there was a silver lining to that incident. Anyways, my car rolled down from the spot I park in every night and into the intersection, and it was still in park. There was no damage to my car or any other car, and no one was hurt, to which I am THANKFUL. Additionally, I am THANKFUL that the cops noticed the same thing and took the effort to try to call me, and then waited for a few minutes to see if I would call back. We confirmed that the car just rolled on its own and no foul play involved. I pulled the car back into its spot, turned the wheels and put on my parking brake.The problem with my car is yet to be determined (hopefully tomorrow!), but overall I am THANKFUL that the incident was resolved with no injury, damage or a tow.
- While #7 included many THANKFULs, I will not cheat and let it take up more than one. On Saturday, we went to see my niece Mia perform in her annual gymnastics show, which is basically organized chaos for kids under age of 5 or 6 to showcase the skills and moves they learn at gymnastics class. In an hour, each class rotates their students through four modified events (beam, floor, vault and bars) performing various activities. These activities range from somersaults to jumping on trampolines to balancing on a low beam and swinging on the bars. Each events lasts 12 minutes and then they spend the last 12 minutes giving away trophies to each student. Mia was the VERY last name on the roster so I am impressed how patient she was. I am THANKFUL that Jak and I were able to go to her show. It was an entertaining hour, full of lots of laughs and “aww how cute!” The entire thing was adorable.
- Thunderstorms. Immediately following the gymnastic show, the rest of the day consisted of thunderstorms. There was so much lightning and thunder — it was amazing! Many times it thunderstorms when I am asleep or while at work, so I am not able to enjoy them with Jak. But we enjoyed them all day on Saturday and for that, I am THANKFUL.
- Jak and I went to see Godzilla in 3D last night. It had been a while since we went on a movie date. THANKFULLY, the movie hit the discount member price for the theatre we frequent. So instead of paying the full price of $14.25 for a 3D movie on a Saturday night, we only pay $10. We went to a late night showing (10:45 pm) and normally I have a hard time staying awake the entire time when we go that late. (I usually only nod off a little, I promise!) But this time, I stayed awake the entire time. Perhaps that is some indication to you that it was a really good movie. At one point, Jak was worried that I was drifting off and he squeezed my leg, but I leaned over and said that I am fully awake!
And that wraps up my 21st Ten Things of Thankful. This week, while having some unfortunate car hiccups (hopefully not too expensive), it was a fun week full of friend moments. And that is something to be said of this weekly blog hop. I have met some of the best people through this blog hop. I just wanted to take a moment to THANK Lizzi for starting this weekly hop as a way for each of us to reflect on why we should be thankful each and every week.
BUT I CANNOT FORGET ABOUT THE CAKE!