Another week These days I live for the weekends. Week days blur together and I can’t wait for the weekends when I have time for myself — where the stress can fall to the foot boards and not have to resurface until Monday mornings. Where I can escape my responsibilities as a “working adult.”
- And for that, I am thankful for the weekends.
- We celebrated Mother’s Day on Friday night. I always love when I can see all of my family, including my five munchkins, all at once. It’s like tackling 11 birds with one stone.
- That right when I walked in on Friday, my sister told me something hilarious. She said that as I was on my way, my niece Mia said to her, “I hope Auntie Kate brings her brother.” My sister says, “Brings who?” “I hope she brings her brother! Her brother Jak, I really like him.” So while I did not bring my BOYFRIEND Jak with me on Friday, I love that she has not only accepted Jak in her life, but he has found a place in her life too. Precious.
- I am thankful that Jak and I have kept up with our nightly walks at least 5 nights a week.
- Since we started keeping track one week ago on May 11, I have walked a total of 22.3 miles!
- Yesterday, Jak and I went to a friend of his birthday BBQ. This is the second time I have met them, but the couple and their friends are always so nice. Nothing beats good food, good company and a great bonfire!
- I am thankful that I was able to take this awesome photo of the bonfire to share with friends on social media. No, I did not use any filters or anything. Jak was jealous that my camera was able to capture such intense flames.
- This weekend was the Annual Art-a-Whirl artist studio gallery tour, the largest in the country. It has been in operation since 1995, but I have been going for the last 5-6 years. With a busy weekend already underway, Jak and I were able to find some time to go to one of my favorite artist buildings. I love this event every year. An additional perk this year was that since Jak lives within proximity to part of the tour, we were able to incorporate our daily walk as our mode of transportation to the studio. Woohoo!
- The first stop on the tour was to see an artist’s gallery that I go to every year. Michael Birawer. I love seeing his artwork and was excited to show Jak his studio. He does a variety of mediums, but my favorites are his layer paintings. Below is an example of one of his pieces. Unfortunately, the photo doesn’t do his work justice. You lose the depth of his work, but I still highly encourage you to check our his website.
- For dinner tonight, we used a final Groupon for a local Greek restaurant. The deal was expiring on Tuesday, so we had to get it in. We got plenty of food for what we pay and they have amazing baklava. Can’t go wrong there!
What were some highlights of your week? Feel free to share your things of thankful in the comments below!