This week went well. Nothing overly exciting, but nothing bad either. I am feeling rather sleepy, and maybe a bit under the weather, so I will get this show on the road.
- On Monday, we went to Jak’s grandma’s again. We played cards and watched our shows. It is always a delight to go to see her. We won’t be able to see her tomorrow because she has other plans and I already know I will miss her!
- This week, all of the bosses were out of town, so while I still had plenty of deadlines to reach, work life seemed to move at a bit more leisurely pace.
- One of the fun things we did at work this week was that we played jokes and pranks on our bosses. Some office rearranging here, some funny pictures there. It was all in good fun, and made for some co-worker bonding time.
- On Friday, four co-workers and I went out to lunch. We should do that more often. It is nice to get out of the office.
- Next week, seven of my coworkers will be out of the office, leaving only four of us on Thursday and Friday. So let the shenanigans begin!
- On Tuesday, I went with my sister to Mia’s gymnastics class. When I was at their house, Mia gave me this friendship bracelet that she made at daycare. I must say, she did a great job! Her preschool teacher asked her who her friendship bracelet was going to be for, and she said, “Auntie Kate!” When she got home, my sister raved about it and asked who it was for, and she said, “Auntie Kate, or …maybe mama, or maybe papa.” My sister then said, “Mia, you can give it to anyone you want. Who do you think will like it the most?” To which Mia said again, “Auntie Kate!!” So I was the lucky one to get this beautiful work of art.
- On Saturday, I was invited to attend the wedding from an old friend of high school. At the wedding, it was like a mini high school reunion. It was fun to see some old friends again.
- Sleeping in or.. ya know, just sleeping. While Jak has been organizing his cards this week, I have been catching some extra zzz’s on the couch. I am sure me being tired really means I should be working out more, but a lazy-ish weekend is always nice too.
- We celebrated my dad’s birthday today so that means I got to spend some time with my family and my nieces and nephews. Hard to believe in just a month and a half there will be a 5th one! These kids certainly keep me busy.
- An increasing desire to use my creative side. I have been on a bit of a painting and creative writing hiatus, but the urge is reaching the surface again. Things that help are: my M&M art and creative work projects this week. When I am able to use my creative side at work, it inspires me to want to use it more in my personal life again. Hoping the motivation to do so will surge soon as well.
What are you thankful for this week? What do you do to get motivated to work on something?