So, like Jak, I took a week off last week from Ten Things of Thankful. But unlike him, I am not playing catch up, so I am just going to pick up where I left off. This week was a great week and I have plenty to share.
- First and foremost, I am thankful for Jak. We have had a great couple of weeks together and through it all, I have fallen head over heels for him all over again.
- Jak and I have a terrible eating schedule. We usually eat weekend brunches at 2-3 p.m. and then dinners at 8 p.m. or later. So last Sunday, we wanted to eat but were being super lazy leaving the house. By the time we left and were driving around, every place we stopped at was super busy. So we were headed back when we came drove by this little restaurant on Central Ave. It was an Ecuadorian restaurant that was advertising weekend brunch. We decided to stop. They had awesome prices and delicious food. I am sure we will be back. I love when you stumble across new places to eat!
- Breaking Bad marathons. Jak and I decided to start watching Breaking Bad together on Netflix — it was our guilty pleasure over the last month or so. This past week we plowed through the rest of the series. It was something we both enjoy doing together. Like everyone else on the Internets, we agree it was a great series. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it. This was also the first time that I have ever watched a TV series this way. I might have found my new favorite way to watch TV.
- My parents. They have been helping me financially to pay for a tooth implant for a baby tooth that I needed to replace. You may ask, wait, a baby tooth? Yes, a baby tooth. My two bottom incisors don’t have adult teeth underneath, and this summer, I had to get one of them pulled and need an implant in its place. It is something my parents and I know I would need at some point in my life. Since I don’t make that much money a year, and my dental insurance is pretty shotty, they have been helping me pay the cost. The first bill came and when I brought it over, they took it, no questions asked.
- Jak’s grandma. I know I have shared my gratitude for her in the past, but I really do love her. All of my grandparents have since passed, and I have very few memories with them. Jak has shared her with me, allowing me to create new memories. We have found many commonalities and similar interests, and in many ways, she reminds me of my mom’s mom.
- Work. This week I had a really good work week. It kicked off with my bosses thanking me for writing this blog post. They appreciated the vulnerability I shared in the piece, and I think it opened their eyes to a different side of me. Additionally, for this upcoming week, I will get to work on a couple of artistic projects. I get to create a poster to be used at a conference and I get to utilize my drawing skills. I will also be helping to shoot and edit another video at work.
- Learning opportunities at work. Not only am I learning more about video, but this week I get to start taking an online course on Project Management. My boss also let me sign up to take the three other workshops in that communications series that I am presenting in this December.
- I have reached my health plan deductible! I have a ridiculously high deductible on my health plan, a whopping $3,200 that I have to reach before my insurance pays any of the cost. I am pleased to say I have finally hit the cap, and if we keep the same plan next year, I should be covered. In the meantime, I plan to take full advantage of meeting my deductible for the next couple of months.
- Discount theatre tickets. As part of the nonprofit professional network I belong to, I had the opportunity to buy tickets to the play Tribes at the Guthrie Theater. I love going to see plays, and love it even more when I can see them at cheaper rates! As a kid, I did theatre, so theatre will always be something I hold dear to my heart. I am so glad that Jak enjoys going with me. It was a fun date night out!
- Free artist workshops. Earlier this week, I discovered an organization I know is offering free artist workshops through mid-November. I told my friend and Jak about them and we all went to one on Saturday. Saturday’s workshop was all on legal stuff artists should consider, such as copyrights and different contracts. We all agreed the information was invaluable and look forward to attending future ones!
How was your week? Have you seen Breaking Bad? Do you have any recommendations on TV series Jak and I should watch next? Have you seen any good plays lately?