This week had more lows than highs, but I know it is always good for me to reflect on the good. So even though this week may be hard, I will try my best to stay positive.
- This week at work, I had a successful meeting with our associate director. Seeing as though I have been feeling a bit stuck at work these past few months, she has taken it upon herself to be my mentor. We had a very good meeting, with some new tasks and ways that I can be more engaged at work.
- Also along work conversations track, the associate director spoke with my boss and in turn she identified a project on helping her to develop Logic Models. This I know nothing about so it will be fun to learn something new!
- I am also going to be taking an online course starting Oct 16th. It is called the Fundamentals of Project Management. If I pass this online course, they will issue me a certificate saying that I took this course. These things are always nice resume padders.
- I got to see two my closest friends on Tuesday. We met for happy hour dinner, in which we got three appetizers and five beers (total — geez you guys) for $28. Score! After that we went shoe shopping and I bought a brand new pair of flats. They were a bit pricier than I normally pay for flats, but I had a birthday gift card and coupon, so I decided to splurge a little. I plan to take very good care of them!
- Erica and I had dinner on Wednesday night at a fun cafe near my work. We paid $19 for $47 worth of food and drink. I love coupon food deals!
- My favorite shows resumed their seasons this week. Better yet? Grey’s Anatomy had a two hour premier. It was quite good.
- I babysat my niece Mia and my nephew David Friday night. I was having a particularly bad night so it was helpful to receive the love of my munchkins.
- I am also very thankful that my friend Erica stopped by to help me that night. I was not doing well, so while I tended to baby David’s needs, she played with Mia. And then she listened as I poured my heart out. She is my person — who I can tell all my fears, worries, lows, faults, negatives, mistakes etc to and she doesn’t judge me. She just wants what is best for me and loves me regardless.
- Crooks. Ya know, I have never been a cat person, but this cat has won my heart. I love his cuddles and nuzzles. And with all that cat, what’s not to love? (He doesn’t like it when we talk about his size, so be nice.) And I love that he seems to miss me on nights I am not there — he is extra cuddly the next night.
- My boyfriend Jak. He shows me what true unconditional loves looks like and gives an example to live by every day. And for that, I am thankful to the edges of my heart and mind.
Do you know anything about logic models? Has there been a pet that won your heart when you never expected him/her to?