This week was not as much fun for me, considering I kicked off the week sick with a bad head cold and missed a couple of days of work. But other than feeling yucky, the week was fairly uneventful. Cutting it close on time, so I better hop to this blog hop.
- I am thankful that I have an amazing boyfriend who takes care of me when I am sick. Due to a nasty head cold, I stayed home from work two days this week, and he was there to make sure I was as comfortable and well-fed as possible. He took care of me and I think because he did so, my cold was short-lived.
- I presented two tasks I have been working on to my co-workers at work this week and both were well received. It was nice to know my hard work has paid off. Below is the video I shot and edited for work.
- That by Wednesday night, I was starting to feel better and was able to bake some chocolate chip cookies to share with Jak and my co-workers. These too, were also well-received.
- I got to help Jak pick out some nice dress clothes for a wedding this weekend. It was fun to help him — and let me tell you, he cleans up very well. He was a stud Saturday night!
- I was asked to be a panelist for a training in December. This will be my first professional speaking engagement. I am quite nervous but am also very honored to be seen as someone who is knowledgeable on the topic.
- Thunderstorms! On Thursday there was a fun thunderstorm that happened while at work. The skies turned wickedly dark and we have an office full of windows. It made some of my coworkers nervous, but I beamed ear to ear with delight.
- Good home cooking and leftovers. I made some homemade stir fry from my farmer’s market veggies and tonight I made enchiladas.
- Going to Jak’s friends’ wedding on Saturday night. I really liked the location and content of the ceremony, and I was able to meet several of Jak’s friends at the reception. I was rather quiet and shy, but they all seemed very nice and fun and quirky. People I certainly wouldn’t mind hanging out with more and getting to know better.
- Smooches! One of my favorite things to do is to smooch my man. And we have gotten to the point where we know when one of us is not smooching for real. Usually an indication that something is bothering us. I love that our connection runs as deep as us knowing each other’s kisses.
- Good deals! I made a Target run this weekend and I scored two summer shirts on clearance for $6.70. A girl can’t complain about that!
Have you ever spoken on a panel or given a speech/public presentation? If so, do you have any tips?