Oh my, it’s already been ten weeks?!? That’s nuts! Still opting for a late post on a Sunday night. I really need to get better about this. My mind is a bit foggy right now, I can feel a cold brewing in the nether-lands of my brain and it’s a bit hazy while chilling on the love seat with Jak’s fuzzy pink blanket. I just want to curl up and sleep.
Overall this week was a good week. nothing too eventful, but no major hardships either. I might have to do some major fishing for highlights of the week. Ah well, time to get this thing a rollin’.
- This week at work, I learned a new skill. I learned how to shoot video on our DSLR camera and now have learned how to edit in Adobe Premier. This is an awesome skill set to have. I will debut a draft of my first video at our staff meeting tomorrow.
- Going shopping and saving lots of money with coupons! I made a Target run this week to buy personal products and some lunch items while at work. 13 of my 17 items were either on sale or I had a coupon for. Then yesterday, Jak and I went grocery shopping and we saved $20 in coupons plus another $10 in sales. That’s how I roll.
- An impromptu visit to my parent’s house on Friday night. After hearing Mia and baby David would be there, I stopped over. To my surprise as soon as my sister and kids left, my brother and his kids pulled up. I got to see all my nieces and nephews in one night.
- My mom always has dinner ready for me when I come home, even if she doesn’t know that I am coming. It’s pretty awesome.
- This video of my niece Carina and nephew Owen watching a video of Owen from earlier in the evening. Owen is learning how to bike with training wheels and he was racing my brother (who was running). Of course my brother always let him win by barely a tire, but the kids had no idea. I love Carina’s expressions.
- My friend Erica came to visit me while I was at my parents’ house. I love how she doesn’t care where I am at but still wants to hang out regardless, even if that means coming to my family’s house. What a great friend.
- That Jak came to hang out with me at my stomping grounds this weekend. I got to share some of my other art with him and it was fun to do so.
- And since Jak was at my place, I was able to cook for him! Last night I made vegetable Thai curry with brown rice and today I made a grand ol’ brunch of apple cinnamon pannekoeken, eggs, English muffins and turkey bacon. It was nummy.
- A week and weekend of relaxation, including watching a new TV series. In the past couple of weeks, Jak and I have delved into a new series to watch together. It has become our mode of spending time together, and I know it is something we both look forward to.
- Finally hitting up the farmer’s market today. I haven’t gone as much this summer, but today I bought Hester apples and some delicious peppers. I had never had that type of apple before, but they are sweet with a nice crunch. They worked great in my pannekoeken. Nom nom!
How was your week? Did you learn anything new or create any new memories?