This week is one of the best weeks I have had in a long, long time. I have so much to be thankful for, that the hardest part will be keeping the list to ten. But I will try my best to do so.
- To start off the week, I had a wonderful holiday, spending it with Jak. We went to his brother’s house where I met several of his family members, including his two adorable nieces. After we went to his grandma’s house to watch Under the Dome. It was nice to have the day off and spend it with someone I care immensely for.
- On Monday night, I told Jak that I would have to figure out a meal to have at work the next day since I hadn’t been home to cook much. To my surprise, I woke up to this Tuesday morning. My heart melt and I couldn’t wait to share his sweet romantic gesture with all of you.
- For those who cannot read the note, he asked me to be his girlfriend, so now we are official and I couldn’t be happier about it. I am thankful that we have been able to pull through the rough spots and become a better, stronger couple because of it.
- At work, we take birthdays seriously. Since mine was this week (September 7), my coworkers got me this awesome card and two cakes and fresh watermelon!! They got both a strawberry shortcake and a chocolate cake. I mean, who can argue with yummy treats and a card that has pets AND paint on it?!
- I am thankful that I was able to get some painting in this week. I haven’t been making the time for it, when in reality, it should be what I dedicate my free time to. Here is a picture that shows the evolution of my current painting. The photo in the upper left hand corner is its current status.
- Birthday celebrations and all of the nice cads and gifts I got from my friends and family. A girl couldn’t ask for better loved ones. This is the card my niece Mia made for me. On the inside she traced her hands and drew a smiley in the middle.
- That Jak came to my family birthday celebrations. I am not sure he will ever fully realize how much this means to me. I have never dated a guy who has been so willing to meet the family, despite it being nerve-wracking to do so. He put on his brave face and was there to support me. And besides, he was able to meet Mia. Another reason I know Jak is a keeper? He and I value familial relationships in the same way: first and foremost. Not only does he get it, but he was there to create and share those memories with me.
- Coupons and deals! I am thankful that the place I chose to host my birthday celebration with friends was offering a deal. Between that deal and a friend who offered to pay for my meal, we walked out of the bar that night with extra cash and full tummies.
- Date day. After a busy weekend of friends and family, Jak and I were able to sleep in and take the day at a more leisurely pace with brunch, a movie, shopping and cuddles. What more could a girl ask for?
- Speaking of shopping, my birthday present to myself (with help with my parents’ birthday gift card) I bought a brand new Samsung Chromebook. This is the beauty I am currently typing on. I am loving how light and portable it is. It will be a perfect addition to take with my on the go – to Jak’s, to coffee shops, while travelling out and about, and when I simply just want to stream Amazon Prime from the comfort of my own bed.