Alright, rolling in at the last moment! One of these weekends, I won’t be so late.
- I finally paid of the woman I hit. It was a nervous situation for me, mostly because I wanted to be done with it all. She was nice, as she always been (regardless of her inconsistent communication). I paid her the money to fix her car, and she signed off an agreement saying she would not make a claim to my insurance. And for that, I am thankful.
- This week I had an easy and short work week.
- As a part of the short and easy work week, we had an annual “Allies” work picnic in which we meet up with colleagues from other nonprofits whom do similar work. It is fun to get together with these folks every summer over a BBQ and lawn games. And then my work day ended early and I got to go hang out with Jak way sooner than normal.
- My work decided to go to the Minnesota State Fair together. We went on an extremely hot day — 91 degrees F with a 70+% humidity. But it was fun to get out of the office and do something non-work related together.
- I got Friday off of work! While my Friday was not spent in a manner that I wish it would have been spent, it at least was a day in which I was able to sleep in and not go into the office.
- My re-discovery of French Silk Pie Blizzard from Dairy Queen. OMG nummy. In fact there is one sitting right next to me waiting for me to finish this post quickly.
- A wedding! A good friend of mine got married this weekend and I got to partake in the festivities. Her theme was Mardi Gras because she went to school in New Orleans. I loved how relaxed and fun her wedding was.
- Brunch with my parents today. We went to a cafe near their house that has amazing pancakes and bacon. And then I got to spend some time with my folks. I can tell that they miss me when they don’t see me every week.
- I finally got started on reading the next book in The Hunger Games trilogy, Catching Fire. It has been on my Kindle to read ever since reading the first one and then seeing the movie. Finally having some time to dive into reading it makes me happy I love getting lost into a book.
- Finding out that my roommate is going to score some new furniture for our apartment, a new couch and a loveseat! Part of the reason I don’t read as much anymore is because every time I read in my bed I fall asleep, and nothing hurts worse than dropping a Kindle on your face. (Yes, that has happened more than once.) With some new comfy living room furniture, I look forward to finally being able to cozy up on a couch with my Kindle and a cup of coffee.
What are you thankful for this week?