Well this week felt like it was better than some of the past several have been, and I am hopeful that the last week of August will prove to be the best week August can provide. It is running late to get this in, so I better hop on to it.
- On Monday, I went with Jak to visit his grandma again. Pretty sure his grandma is the best, and I am thankful I am able to visit her too. Jak and grandma have sucked me into the TV show, “Under the Dome” and I enjoy watching it with them and look forward to it when able.
- For the past several weeks, I have forgotten to include Sonic’s shakes into my list! After 8 p.m. Sonic offers 1/2 priced shakes, and Jak and I have indulged in them… several times. But how can we not?! We can get two medium shakes for $3.43. I have tried a handful of flavors, but the only one I have gotten twice is Strawberry Cream Pie. Imagine a Strawberry Cream Pie blended with vanilla ice cream and topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Drool.
- My niece Mia. I know I include her almost every week, but she keeps doing insanely sweet and cute things. On Friday, she asked her mom (my sister) how she can call me. When my sister showed her how, she left me a voice mail, asking “Can you come over, pleeease?” When I called her back, she asked again. How could I not answer to her sweet three year old voice in the affirmative?
- That I was able to cook this delicious veggie quesadilla this week. It was better than most restaurants, and best part is, much much cheaper to make!
- I am thankful for my M&M art! One of these days, I will have to post all my M&M art on my blog, but for those who don’t know, my M&M art is only created from the fun sized M&M packets and only are created at work. So it depends on our work candy jar having a supply. Friends have asked where my art disappeared to and I told them, when the jar is out, the jar is out, and I don’t create it otherwise. Well this was the week in which the fun sized M&M packets returned to the work office. And here were the first two results. More to come, I am sure.
- Seeing my friend Erica. As I said in past lists, Erica is my person. And due to a flurry of summer festivities, our quality time times this summer has been absent. But she came over to my sister’s on Friday night and then we went shopping and hung out yesterday afternoon. I always feel much better after hanging out with her.
- Well this week continued to have some rough spots, including some arguments with a certain gent I care deeply about. But the perk to such upsets? Make up lovins. Sometimes make up lovings are the best kind.
- I am thankful for that same gent, who when in the bouts of upsets, he lets me cry all slobbery on his chest and just holds me until I am ready to talk again. His hugs and his condolences and his loving nature AND nurture are a couple of the huge reasons why I am falling head over heels for him.
- Always having a place to call home. I have since moved out of my parents’ house, but whenever I need a place to crash, even for just a couple of hours, they always welcome me back in with open doors and very minimal questions asked. And I am thankful that I can have that sort of relationship with my parents as an adult.
- Finally passing my level on Candy Crush. I was stuck on a level for quite sometime, and I was able to pass it. Yeah, yeah, I know. But sometimes it is the smallest victories that can make us smile!