Even though this week deemed no less uneventful, I made great strides to get my life on a much more healthy track.
So that brings us to….
- A random visit from my mom. Turns out seeing her was exactly what I needed. A mother’s hug and touch helped me forge ahead on an important task. Which brings me to #2.
- That I had the courage to follow through with writing a very important letter, which meant putting a person in my past. This is never something easy to do, but I know, it will be best for me long-term. Sometimes you just need to let go. And when you do, while it can be hard, it is amazing the weight that is lifted off your shoulders.
- The support from my friend Sarah. Another happy hour this week, followed by her helpful advice and endless support, came through over and over.
- While the outcome is going to mean my bank account will suffer, I finally heard from the lady I was in a fender bender with over a month ago. She got her car fixed, and it appears to be a reasonable price and has agreed to just let me pay for the damage. That will save me from running it through insurance and upping my insurance premium. And hopefully, once we are able to coordinate, we can finally put this behind us.
- When my headlight went out this week, it meant only a text to my brother in law to get it fixed. He comes through with car issues over and over again!
- This video message that I got from my sister and Mia this week. It was exactly what I needed to make me smile.
- That I experimented and cooked this amazing meal. Cheese and spinach ravioli (store bought) with homemade turkey meatballs and homemade sauce. This is definitely one I will have to repeat.
- That my boss is on vacation for two weeks. I have plenty of work to do while she is gone, but it is still kinda nice to do things at my own pace.
- A weekend of relaxation and much needed quality time with a friend. We even tried two new restaurants together. Nothing beats good food and good company.
- Living with a baker and all of this glory. It is a three layer salted caramel to chocolate ombré rose cake. I just came home not too long ago and enjoyed a slice of this heaven. It is taking serious control to not go back in for more!