This week was a doozy. One of those weeks where you are pretty sure you went to hell and came back. Having those experiences, do test your strength and willpower, and inevitably, make you a stronger person. But while you are in the midst of it, it is hard to see beyond the lows, doubt and self-weakness.
So that brings me to this weekly task. I truly believe this weekly blog hop is a blessing in disguise.
- Finding my own strength to say goodbye. And having an intense desire to live a completely truthful life.
- Understanding myself enough to know that I need help to do the first. Oftentimes, it is really hard for me to admit that I need help. But this time around, I want to make the right changes so that this decision is permanent.
- A realization that I need to build/work on my own self-love and value. So that when temptation strikes again, that I can say with authority that I love myself just the way I am. I have some work to do, but I am ready to start the process.
- Music and the powerful connection it creates for me. See this week’s inspiration here.
- Date nights. In the midst of a rough week or so, I have had 3 dates to help lighten the mood and spend time with someone I care immensely for. I think these dates have helped the both of us.
- A bachelorette party! Another good friend is getting married at the end of the month. This weekend was her bachelorette party. And despite a really emotional week, I was able to put most of those emotions aside and really enjoy myself. Besides when having such issues, it is really nice to have a couple of girl nights out.
- I am thankful I am low maintenance, especially in regards to my ability to live out of a suitcase and being able to sleep just about anywhere. This week I have slept a total of 5 hours in my own bed, and until today, hasn’t been much of an issue. If I am tired, I will sleep anywhere. And I do not require a lot of space or items to live off of.
- Finally having some home time. I love spending time with my loved ones and friends, but I need my alone home time to rejuvenate. So this evening has been just that.
- My niece and nephew. I got to see them on Thursday and their smiles and smooches are priceless.
- My friend’s cat. It has taken some time for this particular cat to warm up to me, and perhaps has taken longer for him to warm up to me than it usually takes him with others. But you see, until more recently, I haven’t been much of a cat person. I was always afraid of them as a kid, and not fond until my friends have had some fat, cuddly cats in recent years. Well, now said cat and I have a relationship in which he cuddles on my chest at night and when he does, he nuzzles his head under my chin. It is pretty freaking adorable, and mutually fits our level of comfort with each other.