This week was a short work week, and kinda a hassle and very emotional, but as we start a new week, this weekend was a wonderful surprise and blessing. So I am THANKFUL I can reflect and share the positives of my week.
- That I was able to take Monday off and spend time with Jak and his grandma. She is a wonderful, sweet lady, and makes me a smidget jealous. She kinda reminds me of my mother’s mother who passed away when I was six years old. As someone who has had all of their grandparents pass before I became an adult, I love spending time with my friends’ grandparents.
- I had a productive meeting with my boss. I have been experiencing a work lull for the past couple of months, and our conversation rejuvenated me. We both agreed to find ways I can continue to learn, which is very important to me.
- A wonderful date night on Friday night. Went to see 2 Guns and had late night Perkins run. Twas great fun.
- My friend Erica came home from a month long vacation. I missed her and we caught up. Nothing beats a solid girl talk over wine. She is my person. (Grey’s Anatomy reference.)
- Farmer’s market. Despite sleeping in way later than I thought I would, I woke up and roommate asked if I wanted to go to the farmer’s market. I was already planning to, and so we made it there 20 minutes before it closed. For $5, I got fresh cucumbers, onions and sweet corn. Yum.
- A roommate moved out, so the other roommie and I did a solid kitchen purge/cleaning binge. It was so long overdue and we got rid of three garbage bags of stuff (old food containers, old food etc)and two recycling bags. Also equals a cleaned out fridge/freezer (scrubbed even!) and new found space for us to arrange/rearrange.
- Roommate is making homemade sambusas/samosas. And she needed my help, so I learned how to roll them. They are in the oven right now, cannot wait to eat them! (Edit: They were delicious!)
- That it is finally August! Life got a bit less crazy hectic. I look forward to getting back to some of my routines: working out, painting, and seeing my kiddos (nieces and nephews) more often.
- My clean desk and clean laundry. It seems silly, but when life is crazy, my desk and laundry explode. On Thursday/Friday, I was able to tackle both of these. And a huge sigh of relief escapes me when I walk into my room.
- My car is fixed! Now don’t speak too loudly, we don’t want to jinx anything.