Day 19, Sunday: Five of your favorite blogs and what you love about them.
Alright, since I didn’t profess my love for a single blogger on day 5, I can profess my mini loves for five today. In no particular order…
- Ten Minute Missive: Kristina and I go way back to when she was my 11th grade English teacher. Because of her, I knew I wanted to major in English literature in college. Anyways, after I graduated high school, she left teaching to become a stay at home mom, a stand-up comedian and many other new adventures, including working toward becoming a published author herself. Anyways, she is a great storyteller, pays great attention to detail and captures those “in the moment” scenes very well. I can’t wait to read her books some day.
- YNPN Twin Cities: I have been a part of the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network for four years now. Every week they publish a new blog post, written by one of their volunteers/members, including four posts from me. They cover a wide range of topics that are useful for professionals that are in the early or middle stages of their careers. Check them out!
- Kivi’s Nonprofit Communications Blog: Let’s face it, most of the blogs I read are work related. But there are some really great ones, like Kivi’s that includes a lot of information that can be adapted to any style of writing and communication. She frequently includes many tips and exercises that make you think.
- The Cryton Chronicles: This one is a friend of mine, but they way he tells stories always leaves me wanting to read one more paragraph. Someday I know he will write some great book and it will be one of those that I wish there was just one more page at the end. His sense of humor is hard to find anywhere else.
- Rosetta Thurman: Rosetta is one of those powerhouse women — someone who you envy for her courage and drive. But she is so encouraging and motivational! I often get lost in her blog posts, clicking through to many other links and exploring her past posts. She has two blogs, the one I linked to and then also Happy Black Woman, one I just stumbled upon and got lost in it! It’s pretty good sign that while I was trying to decide if she would be my #5, I realizes I got lost in her posts and more than 15 minutes have passed.
So there are five blogs I read regularly.