As promised, below includes my 12 goals for 2012:
- Travel abroad.
(I know I already have a trip planned, but it counts!)
- Spend at least a couple hours each week on me, i.e. accomplishing something on my list.
(I don’t consider this cheating, it takes effort to be accomplished and research shows that in order for a habit to become routine is by intentionally incorporating it into your lifestyle.)
- Complete 3 paintings.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity that allows me to grow as a person and give more of myself.
- Run the Torchlight 5k in July.
- Do some state travel in summer/fall.
- Compose seven new poems.
- Learn to cook/grill meats well (steak, lamb, goat, duck — something other than chicken!)
- Apply to serve on a nonprofit board.
- Read 10 new books.
- Save more money and reduce my debt.
- Make an impact in somebody’s life by having a positive outlook and sharing more smiles and laughs together.
My thought this year was variety, identifying both easy and hard goals from a wide range. I have realized the goals I failed to complete in the past were goals that were too vague without any clear way to measure success. Additionally, I hope the variety helps when I get in stuck in another.
What goals would you like to accomplish this year?